- 15 Nov 2022
- 1 Minute to read
- Updated on 15 Nov 2022
- 1 Minute to read
Project sharing allows you to add members to your SAP AppGyver project and enables collaborative editing. Each member is entitled to a user role that permits only a certain set of actions within the project.
- Viewer: Read-only actions, such as viewing and deploying.
- Developer: Edit, deploy, release, manage dependencies in a project, and publish to the library.
- Administrator: Complete access, including editing, sharing, and deleting a project.
A higher user role includes all permissions of the preceding ones.
Sharing your project
Project sharing is done via Application Development Lobby.
- Locate an existing AppGyver application you would like to share and click on "Me" under the 'Members' column, or 'Manage Members' in the three dots menu:
- In the pop-up window:
- Enter an email of the user you are sharing the project with.
- Choose a user role from the dropdown.
- Click 'Add' to enter the user to the list.
- If necessary, add more users.
- Click 'Save' to share the project with entered users.
After sharing the project, members with roles 'Developer' and 'Administrator' can start making changes to the application. Current simultaneous editing follows the following ruleset:
- Unsaved changes are continuously applied on top of the latest saved version by another user. In other words, non-conflicting changes will be immediately reflected for all members, without intervening with their work.
- Editing the same parts of the project, e.g., page name or component style class, will cause a conflict. Conflicts are resolved by reloading the page, where conflicting changes are discarded. Note that conflicts are resolved in favor of the latest saved version.
- User profile coloring in the top bar reflects the current state of the user. Grey implies no unsaved changes, while orange tells that the user is currently editing the project.
It is of best practice to save the application frequently to avoid conflicts and make sure that all developers have the latest version.